The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has shaken the skilled nursing realm to its core. While the near-term clinical and financial implications of this are profound and widely reported, industry experts are only now beginning to gauge its long-term impacts on clinical operations, financial health and resident care.
Eventually, the pandemic will subside. Yet, failure to take lessons learned from this public health emergency and plan accordingly will do a giant disservice to residents and staff alike—and even threaten the very existence of your facility. When the next pandemic or epidemic occurs – and it will – ask yourself:
Each of your answers to these questions should be an emphatic “yes”—and this e-book can help. In it, we assess the key long-term effects of COVID-19 on skilled nursing facilities from clinical, financial and operational perspectives. We also provide targeted strategies to position your facility for success moving forward—in good times and bad.
- Will you be adequately staffed?
- Will clinicians at all levels be properly trained?
- Will you have the supplies on hand to help ensure optimal infection prevention?
- Will the facility itself be structured to support infection prevention and control efforts and help ensure optimal resident care?
- Will you have relationships in place with partners, affiliates and outside healthcare providers to facilitate optimal care coordination across the continuum?
- Will you be prepared to compete against alternative care approaches and new entrants in the market?
- Will you be financially stable from month to month so you remain viable into the future?
Fill out the form on this page to download your free e-book.